Polish Register of Shipping (PRS), having over 80 years experience in shipbuilding and qualified staff and resources, offers a new service: performance of expertises and technical analyses for Administrations, Insurers, Shipowners and other entities.
PRS expertises include :
- valuation of market value of floating objects (sea-going and inland waterway ships),
- technical assessments on ships and other floating objects and shipboard machinery,
- technical expertise within the scope of grounds and extent assessment of floating objects damage,
- assessment of technical condition, performed at the request of future owners which aim to purchase new or used appliances, products or floating objects,
- performance of expertises on the manufacturing capabilities of production plants – assessment of equipment, technologies, personnel qualifications for taking specified production,
- expertises on technical condition of steel structures, tanks etc. and condition of anti-corrosion coatings,
- expertises within the scope of hull strength of ships, floating docks and other structures,
- expertises within the scope of environment protection in ships and land industrial objects,
- expertises within the scope of marinization of electrical equipment for compliance with PRS and other Class Societies Rules.
- at the request of installation users or manufacturers, PRS carries out periodical surveys of the mobile offshore drilling units and issues appropriate certificates of fitness for sailing,
- PRS assesses technical standards concerning ship and floating objects machinery and equipment.
PRS also offers performance of analyses of :
- structure strength of ships in service using own program. With use of advanced calculation methods for determining ship structure strength, minimum allowable thicknesses of ship hull members can be determined, based on stresses level calculated for the given structure. The strength analysis is also a tool for more efficient establishing the scope of hull repair for the given unit. Appropriate definition of necessary hull repairs (amount of steel to be replaced) may give considerable savings during the ship repair.
- measurements of energy quality. Analyses of energy measurements may contribute to increasing operating reliability of shipboard systems and eliminating generated interferences leading to failures. Proper control, recording and analysis of energy quality parameters and application of appropriate arrangements (filters) reducing interferences in shipboard power electronic system contributes to oil fuel economizing, environment protection and to longer life of electrical appliances. Requirements for carrying out measurements of energy parameters of shipboard network containing power electronic systems can be found in PRS Publication No. 25/P – Technical requirements for shipboard power electronic systems.
In case of any questions concerning the above mentioned services and requests for their performance, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org