Directive 2014/35/EU of 26 February 2014, relating to electrical equipment intended for use within certain voltage limits, shortly called LVD Directive, is aimed at ensuring that the electrical equipment having been constructed in accordance with good engineering practice in safety matters in force in the Community, does not endanger the safety when properly installed and maintained and used in applications for which it was made.
The following equipment and phenomena are excluded from the scope of this Directive:
- Electrical equipment for use in an explosive atmosphere;
- Electrical equipment for radiology and medical purposes;
- Electrical parts for goods and passenger lifts;
- Electricity meters;
- Plugs and socket outlets for domestic use;
- Electric fence controllers;
- Radio-electrical interference;
- Specialised electrical equipment, for use on ships, aircraft or railways, which complies with the safety provisions drawn up by international bodies in which the Member States participate;
- Custom built evaluation kits destined for professionals to be used solely at research and development facilities for such purposes.
If you wish to assess electrical equipment for conformity with relevant international, harmonized standards with participation of notified body, please:
- choose the module, i.e. conformity assessment procedure, the product is to be subjected to
- send us completed Application Form for Product Certification (Submitting application is not an obligation to use our services, it is only the basis to prepare our offer for your Company).
If you have any doubts as regards module that shall be applied to certification of your product or wish to get further information on our services, we invite you to contact us. We will provide any information and indicate procedures which are obligatory at granting CE marking.
We ensure reliable and competitive offer as well as efficient and professional service execution.